Monday, December 10, 2012

Another terrible loss for Army

     I wish that I had something good to say about the Army/Navy game on Saturday, but alas, I do not.  Army lost the game because they could not accomplish the most fundamental thing a football team must do - hold the ball.  At the end of the game, I was not cheering for my Army team to "block", or "run" or "hit 'em harder".  My only cheer was "hold the ball" - because I knew that if we could  simply hold the ball, we would beat Navy.

     It was NOT meant to be.  Army could NOT accomplish the most fundamental of things.  AND, I simply don't understand why.  These kids are NOT idiots.  They understand they must hold the ball.  They know that is step 1.  They know it doesn't matter how spectacular the run was, or how great the catch was, if you FUMBLE the ball.   For heaven's sake it is the most fundamental of fundamentals - how can we possible  screw it up so BADLY.  It's like going on to the battlefield, but forgetting your ammunition.  It's incomprehensible.

     Army is now behind 8 games in the series.  You can get the results here .    Army has lost 11 straight games.  ELEVEN.  

     Please, ARMY team, I can handle losing to Navy next year, or even the next 11 years, but please, please, no more fumbles.  Why? I can handle getting beat - I don't like it, but I can handle it.  What is unbearable, is when we beat ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment